• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major problem...PLEASE HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

Well, I don't know if this should be in the mobo section or not, but I'll try here first...

I came across a Celly633, and decided to pop it in my mobo to see what it would do. I tried at 75, then at 83, and finally 100FSB. Booted into Windows XP on all three tries. My temps were good, nothing over 27C, so I figured it was a pretty strong chip, but I wanted to bench it to make sure. I started Prime95, checked my temp after about 30 min. (29C), and went to bed.

When I woke up, Prime had stopped on an error. Temp was 24C, and I checked my e-mail (read 2 letters, didn't download anything), then shut the comp down to put my 900 back in. On boot-up, I got an error saying the some of my windows files were corrupt, and XP couldn't start. So I figured I'd run the repair from the XP disc, right?

Wrong. I can't copy files now. It gets about 3%, and starts generating all kinds of file copying errors. I also tried WinME and 98SE...same problem. I have tried 2 different HDD's (low-level format on both, and tried XP format from install disc), and two different chips (P!!!550E and a Celly600, both at default speed), as well as different RAM...no luck. Did I screw my mobo up by o/c'ing that chip? Has anyone ever seen this before?

If this should be in the mobo section, I'm sorry...I'm just trying to figure this one out guys. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reset the bios and try again with the chip.

I'm guessing you flashed to the lastest bios?

Did you try deleting the partition and reformating again?

Yodums

Reset the bios and try again with the chip.

I'm guessing you flashed to the lastest bios?

Did you try deleting the partition and reformating again?

did all that at least three times today...once before I tried each mobo and HDD...with no luck. I think I lost this mobo :mad:

yeah, it's the one in my siggy..

all I did was change chips, and tested the o/c while I was asleep...ran it for about 5-6 hours

hey... you posted this in the Motherboard section aswell...

I realized that I posted in the wrong section, so I was trying to save the moderator from extra work...sorry, I didn't know how to delete this post...

I bet you corrupted the HDD at 83FSB. PCI is way outta spec. But it didn't show up till later.

Once had mine at 112 for too long and my scsi drives no longer booted after I shutdown.

Dark Illusion said:
I bet you corrupted the HDD at 83FSB. PCI is way outta spec. But it didn't show up till later.

Once had mine at 112 for too long and my scsi drives no longer booted after I shutdown.

Usually it should just corrupt data and the HDD should be fine after a reformat.

Yodums

I agree with Dark Illusion. I went through some bad times when I was playing with the fsb. It threw my pci way out there and I knew it. Tried it anyway and for awhile it held, then started to crap out on me. Reformatted and went to a known stable fsb and that was that. Good luck.

well, the thing that gets me is this...I tried two different HDD after this incident, and formatted both on the board at 66 FSB...now, when I try to use either HDD in another computer, it shows they are both non-partitioned, like I have a virus or something. I can't get them to show up at all, and I can't access them to re-format either. So, did the mobo corrupt them on the format at 66FSB? And if so, how do I get them back?

I remember there are some programs that could help. Mostly they are drive specific but I guess You can use them on different drives.

Example: Quantum Zero Filler.
I have also seen some programs that allow Low Level Format.

Sorry, I can't remember anymore but try searching Your HDD's manufacturers site.

Back