• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghosting SATA AHCI to Raid 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwatch

Registered
I have Vista x64 Ultimate running on SATA in AHCI mode. I'm wondering if there is a way to ghost this drive to Raid 0 drive.

Thanks.

Install raid drivers onto your existing setup. Change BIOS to Raid vice AHCI, then clone partition. You used to have to specify, keep drive letter blah blah blah.. do not know if that is still the case.

Easy peasy :)

I was hoping that since it was already achi it would work like a charm. I wonder if you can do a windows repair install? I am not sure if that is caused by like the MBR or something, someone that has played with it may be able to answer that question.

I did a Vista repair, but it did not fix the problem.

I was hoping that since it was already achi it would work like a charm. I wonder if you can do a windows repair install? I am not sure if that is caused by like the MBR or something, someone that has played with it may be able to answer that question.

Your BSOD on boot almost certainly is because the (correct)drivers did not get installed properly for the RAID controller before cloning.

Back