• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another opinion on new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

westerho

I've been out of new builds for a while so now looking to buy a decent system. What do you guys think of this setup?
It'll be going in a 830 stacker case with the only thing I haven't listed a Crucial 64GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive as the main drive.

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58 PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz (Nehalem)

G.Skill 3GB DDR3 NQ PC3-12800C9 1600MHz (3x1GB) Triple Channel DDR3

XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI

Choice of two PSU's

Antec Signature Premium 650W Power Supply

Or

Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply

Cheers for any advice on this.

Looks pretty good to me. I have the little brother to that Corsair power supply, great PSU. The Antec Signature has a stellar reputation as well.

My only suggestion would be to double up the RAM, depending on what SW you plan to run.

Cheers for the advice, I looked at jonnyguru's site and the antec got good reviews along with the corsair.

Looking at running vista 32 for the time being, a couple of my programs don't like the 64.

Looks good. You could save a few bucks with the UD4P instead of the UD5. It gives up one lan port, but they're Realtek ports neway and aren't great so adding one decent nic isn't a bad idea. Windwithme just posted a review of the UD4P yesterday...it's around here somewhere...

Back