• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$.99 Domain Names @ GoDaddy.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rain, I assume this lasts for a year? Do you know when that code is going to expire?

My two domains are about to expire. I'm wondering if it'll be worth just letting them expire, then to get godaddy to renew them.

Anybody?

You can actually just transfer them over for a nominal fee (like five bucks or something). I've been meaning to get out from under Register.com for a looooooooong time. Just never got around to it. But I'm hoping to do that this year.

(And yes, it's for one year.)

Now I have to get busy building my new site!

pretty slick deal. glad i saw this, i was looking for a domain name for my alumni assoc.

domain transfers will work with this promo code, renewals from godaddy will not.

codes for renewal

none: as $7.49 is current promo for renewals

dosen't work with premium domains, not working with a .com i'm trying to register right now

but I used one of the codes above and only paid 7.50!

By the way the coupons are the same, $3 and 30% of $10 is $3.

:p

Last edited:
LOVE99 and love99 both didn't work for me neither for new domain reg nor transfer.

Wallet30 dropped it to $7.69 total price :)

Wallet30 dropped it to $7.69 total price :)

Got my domain name back that I thought was lost for good. But alas, I got it back!

I used the Wallet30 as well and got a few bucks off. I wanted the Private registration service, got that as well for an extra 6.99 a year. Total was $29 for two years. Not the greatest price but I was just stoked my domain is back and nobody's ever pulling it out from under me again. :beer:

Got my domain name back that I thought was lost for good. But alas, I got it back!

I used the Wallet30 as well and got a few bucks off. I wanted the Private registration service, got that as well for an extra 6.99 a year. Total was $29 for two years. Not the greatest price but I was just stoked my domain is back and nobody's ever pulling it out from under me again. :beer:

What is it, What is it. I wanna know.

I grabbed

www.wasabullfrog.net

Glad to hear that.

I almost lost my domain a couple of years ago (people have been trying to steal it for YEARRRRRS now.)

I thought it was a goner for sure because my domain name expired while I was out of town... fortunately my registrar holds onto the domain name for like an extra week or something before it expires.

I'm going to switch to go-daddy and buy like ten years in advance next time. So far my site's been up 11 years and running! :beer:

Rain, I assume this lasts for a year? Do you know when that code is going to expire?

My two domains are about to expire. I'm wondering if it'll be worth just letting them expire, then to get godaddy to renew them.

Anybody?

Don't do that. GoDaddy included, a lot of domain businesses pick up freshly expired domains. Especially if they're getting any kind of traffic.
If they can't sell it to someone else for a decent price, they will just hope to sell it back to you for more than it's worth.

Going to transfer my domain away from Godaddy because they have annoyed me to no end. I've opted out twice from daily Godaddy BS e-mails and the cake was a Godaddy rep calling me at night, I told him he has no business calling my home, and before I told him to bugger off, I told him to opt me out of ALL communications as I don't need them, don't want to talk to them, and want them to leave me alone. If I wanted this kind of cold calling pressure, I'd go to a used car lot. (daily)

They are very annoying to say the least. I'll never use them again even if they are giving away domains for free. I mean I would be ok if the opt out emails worked, and a one time call to say hi would be ok, but they didn't call to see how I was or to see If was getting tired of the daily Godaddy emails----after opting out every day since March 3rd.

Going to transfer my domain away from Godaddy because they have annoyed me to no end. I've opted out twice from daily Godaddy

Ya I have a problem with their auto renew feature, I turned them of twice and the magically are back on a few weeks later.

If you find a good home for your domains/hosting let me know, drop me a pm please.

Going to transfer my domain away from Godaddy because they have annoyed me to no end. I've opted out twice from daily Godaddy BS e-mails and the cake was a Godaddy rep calling me at night, I told him he has no business calling my home, and before I told him to bugger off, I told him to opt me out of ALL communications as I don't need them, don't want to talk to them, and want them to leave me alone. If I wanted this kind of cold calling pressure, I'd go to a used car lot. (daily)

They are very annoying to say the least. I'll never use them again even if they are giving away domains for free. I mean I would be ok if the opt out emails worked, and a one time call to say hi would be ok, but they didn't call to see how I was or to see If was getting tired of the daily Godaddy emails----after opting out every day since March 3rd.

That's weird... I've never gotten more than the "Your domain is about to expire... you should renew" message and I've NEVER gotten a phone call (although I never put my real phone number on the internet :D )

Sorry to hear about your experience... Maybe it's something they only do with new customers now? :shrug:

I've been with them four years now... so when I added the .99 domain I just added it to my old account: Other than a confirmation email... I've received NOTHING.
Ya I have a problem with their auto renew feature, I turned them of twice and the magically are back on a few weeks later.

If you find a good home for your domains/hosting let me know, drop me a pm please.

Register.com has been as expensive as all get-out... but they've been very kind to me (although they did start cold-calling a little while ago.)

VERY professional people though. Matter of fact... I'm going to change the phone number they have on file for me... then we should be all good.

Back