• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding@home fliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roisen

I was going to make some to put up around my dorm of >9000 people, and was wondering if anyone else has done this, or knows of something I can go off of.

I looked around the stanford site and couldn't find anything, or even any nice images...

So if anyone knows of an example flier somewhere or even where I can get some nice folding images, that would be greatly appreciated.

Naturally I'll try to direct the recruits to team 32... :sn:

Most recent version:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
You guys need to read the stickies... ;)

Team 32 Folding 'Intro' Sticky: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=574026

There is a new thread I started a while ago... although these Folding Flyers are from many moons ago. The message is still the same. Since the thread below is already linked from the sticky (above), I'd appreciate any new flyer material be posted there. If we can keep it clean (no disussion) and just post new flyers that would be awesome. You guys can continue your discussion here. :)

Folding Flyers! Thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5750571

See, I knew I had seen these somewhere, but it was a while back and I couldn't remember if it had been here or the Stanford site or somewhere on google...

I think that's a great idea. I'll let you know if I find anything. What are you going to publish the flyer with?

If I'm understanding your question, MS word and my trusty HP C5280 color printer :p

Let me know what you want it to say and I can whip something up for you, pretty proteins and all.

Basic stuff. What it's for, why we're doing it.. a nice flashy image in the background to draw attention ( @ dark bishop)

This particular dorm has capacity for 1220 people, and I was thinking of putting some fliers in the EcpE building and maybe some bio buildings, where interest would probably be higher to begin with. Probably have some of those pull tabs at the bottom that direct them to our forum to help get started. I may not have 10 9800gtx to fold with, but I do have an entire student body at my disposal :sn:

And thanks for the links Harlam

You guys need to read the stickies... ;)

Team 32 Folding 'Intro' Sticky: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=574026

There is a new thread I started a while ago... although these Folding Flyers are from many moons ago. The message is still the same. Since the thread below is already linked from the sticky (above), I'd appreciate any new flyer material be posted there. If we can keep it clean (no disussion) and just post new flyers that would be awesome. You guys can continue your discussion here. :)

Folding Flyers! Thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5750571

Opps, sorry new pup here. Moons ago - I'm only a week or so old here. Hehe

Opps, sorry new pup here. Moons ago - I'm only a week or so old here. Hehe

Well now you know... so no more excuses!!! :D ...or I'm taking that #5 spot on the PPD charts (not!). :p :beer: :D

To be fair... those fliers probably predate my joining this team... and I'll be four years old this May. :) So yes... many, many Moons ago. :beer:

Well now you know... so no more excuses!!! :D ...or I'm taking that #5 spot on the PPD charts (not!). :p :beer: :D

To be fair... those fliers probably predate my joining this team... and I'll be four years old this May. :) So yes... many, many Moons ago. :beer:

Please don't take my PPD's away, it's all I got!! Oh wait I have my other addiction :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Please don't take my PPD's away, it's all I got!! Oh wait I have my other addiction :beer:

I'll drink to that! :beer: :D

I read you talking about your humorous side... so I figured I'd test you out. :D It's great to having folks here who like to have a little clean fun and don't take things too seriously. I think you'll find most of our membership prescribes to such an attitude when it comes to a little smack talk. ;)

Again, :welcome: to the Team. You're making a heck of an impact! :beer: for you my friend! :)

I was going to make some to put up around my dorm of >9000 people, and was wondering if anyone else has done this, or knows of something I can go off of.

Oh I see what you did there.

If your persuasive enough then you can get them to fold for you. How do you think chasr gets so many points? :)

Oh I see what you did there.

If your persuasive enough then you can get them to fold for you. How do you think chasr gets so many points? :)

Good point... Although I prefer my points being indicative of my personal contribution. As much as I would like 20 people to start folding under me...;)

I was considering setting up a folding@ISU subteam for the people who just want to set it and forget it, and that would be an easy way to measure the effect (if any) this has on the team. If I could get some good numbers to join, then that might persuade others to start a similar campaign in their office/campus.

I just downloaded gimp and will start whipping up rough ideas, but thats as far as my skills with gimp go...

sidenote: www.tinyurl.com/foldforteam32 now redirects to our forum.

Last edited:
I got a rough draft going (attachment). I can't do any more until Friday night though, schoolwork and all. If anyone has some ideas to throw out, I would love them. Obviously the text needs to be black :beer:

if you want the .xcf to make some changes of your own, see what I did, whatever.. http://rapidshare.com/files/202554681/Untitled.xcf.html

(removed flier image and moved to first post)

Last edited:
Bump:

I restarted the flier from scratch because I screwed up the layers somehow and everything just went awry. I actually darkened the text this time so it's readable.

Any suggestions for improvement?

Back