• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony P Lifestyle thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Anyone own this thing? I had a chance to play around with one at an electronics mall today. I'm not much of a fan of it. The keyboard is much more cramped than other netbooks that I've used. The high resolution screen is beautiful, but its so ridiculously small that it's almost unusable. My eyes and neck were sore after about three minutes of using it. The trackpoint was also disappointing. It seemed really inaccurate compared to the trackpoints I've used on Dell Latitudes and Lenovo Thinkpads. It's nice that its so small, but I think its just too small. I would prefer a 10" netbook with a near full-sized keyboard. I was really interested in this thing when it was announced at CES, but I think it's a huge disappointment for what Sony is charging for it.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Way, way, way overpriced. Also, its just to small. I haven't played with it but have with 8.9" and just couldn't imagine something smaller. For me I think 10" is the breaking point foor smallness. I agree the resolution is awfully high but Vista usually does a pretty good job scaling text where it isn't a big issue. Without a hands on I really can't say much more. What I don't get is the case design has a ton of bezel around the screen, why not fill it with a larger screen?

I think the main reason for the bezel around the screen is that the 1600x768 display is already wider than 16:10. If they made it wider yet, it might be awkward viewing web pages or making word documents. I don't know if that is a good reason, but it certainly makes sense.

Back