• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exhaust or intake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oYAKUZAo

alright guys, wana ask smt.. i got 2 fans u see, 1 is a powerful fan from coolermaster another is some not so good brandless fan..

alright, i was wondering, which should i put the most fastest fan? the back(exhaust) or front(intake)

What is the current fan setup you have?

But generally, more exhaust is better. And dont believe the hype about more intake than exhaust keeps dust out. ;)

ouh..ic.. currenly.. my case id modified... my asus vento ta-m11 originaly only has 1 intake and 1 exhause. and a small fan for my NB and + my asus silent knight cpu cooler..

i mod it to... 2 intake, both intake has 2 fan apart from each other.. 1 fan i cabletie it on my harddisk to blow air on my VGA and theres a big gap on the back so the air will escape too..

and i don haveta worrie about dust, cause mines wire-meshed and i add a dust filter.

On the contrary, more intake does keep the dust out, and yes, it goes against what has been the conventional wisdom. Some people use to say you should have no intake fans at all. Those all rigs were the dustiest I ever ran. Remember too, that your PSU fan is also an exhaust, so I would use the more powerful fan as an intake. My only caveat would be if there is a huge difference between them, than I'd just invest a few bucks in a better suited fan.

R7 :beer:

haha cool..thanks man..

so u think my setup is OK?

Front(ori) my front panel(intake) has 1x 120mm fan, and i cable tied another 120mm 13cm from it right beside my VGA..

Front(mod) i fixed 1 120mm fan below my CDrom drive since theres still space, and i fixed another 120mm fan 13cm away from it blowing directly at my cpu cooler..

exhause ( a powerful 120mm fan )

Back