• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HSF recommendation please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantasm

I'll be cooling an E6600 and eventually a quad core LGA775 chip in an Antec Three Hundred. Could someone help me pick a heatsink and fan that won't be to big. Little to no OC'ing on this chip.

no overclocking, but gaming - coolermaster hyper tx-2

little of overclocking - thermaltake gunmet orb

not so extreme overclocking - asus silent knight 2

extreme overclocking - Thermalright ultra 120 extreme ( not recomanded if ur begainer, cause u need to lap it and ur cpu to make it equal and so on, without laping it, temps are good but not so)..

but to solve everything, get watercooling :p

The noctual NHU12P is a great cooler, it hangs really close to the TRUE while costing less and with a stellar mounting system.

There is also a 1283 with a backplate and screws instead of the pushpins... its the 1283V 'Dark Knight' if you like anodized black... Just a thought as well....

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry I'm late in getting back to this, but thank you for your inputs.

As for watercooling... going away from that for awhile.

Back