• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

consoles and gamestop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

i was wondering if any of you here have ever bought say a ps2 from a game stop and all they had was the fat version, but you wanted a slim, were you able to go to another gamestop and ask if you could switch your slim for a fat version? i got a slim but i want the fat version cause of the hard drive and i just want to know if any of you have done something like this and how it went, how much more you had to pay if anything etc

This is true, but you can add one to the original fat PS2. The Slim PS2 you can't.

It's only good for like, 3 games anyways.

well lets just say those 3 games are not why i want one with the hd

ok.. well as long as you have the receipt you can exchange it for a different one. I don't remember what the time limit was on that, whether it was 7 days for any reason or if its 30 for consoles now >.<

(<-- former GS manager)

ok.. well as long as you have the receipt you can exchange it for a different one. I don't remember what the time limit was on that, whether it was 7 days for any reason or if its 30 for consoles now >.<

(<-- former GS manager)

its 7, i just switched it today and because it was 10 dollars cheaper i got $10.93 back which is really good for me cause i needed gas money :), to me gs is great, just wish they had a bigger selection of pc games though :(

PLan on putting HD LOADER On it? Make me rethink why I modded my slip PStwo and not on a fat one... oh yeah, it was the laser issues... have fun with ur gamez :).

I agree with that fudge, but you have to understand a little, they don't make hardly anything off new consoles/games. Used games and hardware are where they make all the money, because they rape you comin in and then they rape you again on the way out.

I agree with that fudge, but you have to understand a little, they don't make hardly anything off new consoles/games. Used games and hardware are where they make all the money, because they rape you comin in and then they rape you again on the way out.

Amen brutha

well since i got it and everything, i have to take it back to the gs i got it from cause i didnt get to try out til this morning and found out that either a.the controller is messed up and doesnt work, or b.the controller port on the console itself is messed up, i think what i will do is take it to one of the stores closer to me first and get them to test the system and controller and if its the system, then i will take it back where i got it, if its the controller i just hope my warranty covers for a replacement cause if not i cant buy a new one right now

I have been watching this thread and to be honest GameStop is a ripoff joint. You will probably be better off with EBAY. I know this has no direct relevance to this post but indirectly it will save you time and money as there are a lot of eTailers on the bay with good sales policies and some better than gamestop.

I have been watching this thread and to be honest GameStop is a ripoff joint. You will probably be better off with EBAY. I know this has no direct relevance to this post but indirectly it will save you time and money as there are a lot of eTailers on the bay with good sales policies and some better than gamestop.

yeah, but on E-bay you get no warranty and run the risk of getting one that somebody is trying to pawn off due to a failing laser.

I agree that is why this was in my post: see red.

Back