• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MPICH2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Am I correct in that this command is used for running the MPICH2 SMP client?

Folding@home-Win32-x86 -smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm

Is entering that command in command prompt the only way to run the client? If so, is there a way to create a desktop shortcut that will automatically execute that command in command prompt?

I'm a noob with this new SMP client, and my laptop is a first time folder as of today :)

Also, how would I go about getting to configuration options again if I ever want to change something?

Last edited:
Am I correct in that this command is used for running the MPICH2 SMP client?

Folding@home-Win32-x86 -smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm

Is entering that command in command prompt the only way to run the client? If so, is there a way to create a desktop shortcut that will automatically execute that command in command prompt?

I'm a noob with this new SMP client, and my laptop is a first time folder as of today :)

Also, how would I go about getting to configuration options again if I ever want to change something?

To create a desktop shortcut, right click on the .exe and create shortcut and then move it to the desktop. then you can right click on the shortcut and select properties and in the target box, add " -smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm" to the end of the target box, without the quotes.

To change the config options, add -configonly to the target box, but remember to remove it when you are done.

Thanks for the help. Whenever I tried to run the .exe file I got a bunch of errors and F@H just shut down. I figured there was some trick like this I wasn't aware of.

Back