• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question about Alienware M17X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rilian

just wanted to know if i choose single drive configuration can i still upgrade to RAID later?(are there 2 HD slots?) Im trying to reduce the price to add the better video card i gotta keep the price around $2k.

I have one of the m9750 and ya can raid later .........it's and option in the bios to set up a raid

sweet, I was just checking to make sure it had slots for more than 1 hard drive, that was 1 of the selling points i was looking for, just wanted to make sure the chassis was the same, so i don't have to pay their premium for mediocre hard drives.

Just to warn you. I was told by Dell that replacing or upgrading my hard drive would void my warranty. Since Alienware is now owned by Dell, I would ask about that. Perhaps "replacing" and "adding" drives are viewed differently by Dell. Still, if you value your warranty you should ask. I was planning on upgrading my hard drive since I could get a much better drive for less than what Dell was asking, but I decided to spend the extra money on the upgrade to save my three year warranty.

Back