• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wall plugin fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

I would like to find some way of having a fan controller externally to control my Yate loon mediums. I would like to plug the controller into the wall if possible.

Anybody know of anything like this

What if you bought a quality fan controller, extended a molex from your PC to your desk, and had the fan wires going back to your PC.

I kinda did that. I bought a electronic hobby box from Frys to hold my power/reset button, a USB port, and a CD drive. Thts the only thing on my desk, the PC is far away from reach. I just extended all the wires.

All you need is some wire, solder/soldering iron, heatshrink and a kit like this to cover the wires up.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/slhe.html

Buy a small kit box, drill it etc.

I think this is a lot simpler than having to buy an AC to DC converter, the fan controller, and still having wires running back to the fans on the PC.

Back