• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bus Speed and Voltage Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xerran

Registered
I just installed my new G.SKILL RAM which works wonderfully. I went into the BIOS and upped the "Bus speed" from 200MHz to 206MHz which gives me an "HT Link" of 1854MHz and a CPU speed of 3811MHz.

After changing the bus speed in the BIOS that same BIOS page shows
"*****System Voltage NOT Optimized!!*****" in flashing red text, do I have to up any voltage for the increased Bus Speed?

Thanks in advance.

My current settings are like so-->>
38GHz_Linpack.jpg

Last edited:
Your chipset voltage should be fine even at those speeds. Chipset voltage seldom needs an increase and if it does it'll show up as errors, BSOD's, or reboots. There are some BIOS' that are just picky that way when their built-in "optimizer" isn't used ...

Your chipset voltage should be fine even at those speeds. Chipset voltage seldom needs an increase and if it does it'll show up as errors, BSOD's, or reboots. There are some BIOS' that are just picky that way when their built-in "optimizer" isn't used ...

I pass Linpack testing but get random reboots when the system starts.

Have you tried just letting the system optimize your voltage? It's not typical to use what is essentially an Auto setting but sometimes it works. Just be sure the RAM and CPU voltages are set manually as needed ...

I think I need help on getting the HyperTransport clock stable because even though I pass IntelBurnTest-linpack on maxed settings with error correction enabled I get random reboots.

If anyone could please help me reach a stable 3.8GHz it would me much appreciated.

I had to drop my previous settings to these new ones in favor of stability (NB VID = 1.25v, RAM is rated @ DDR2-1100)-->>
linpack16-4-09.jpg

Back