• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright Ultra Series (need explanation)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfdarkraiden

Registered
Hello I was wondering what the difference is between all these coolers:

1. Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme
2. Thermalright True ULTRA-120 Extreme
3. Thermalright Black ULTRA-120 Extreme
4. Thermalright True Black Ultra-120 Extreme

I am looking to get a good hsf for my core i7.

1 and 2 are the same while 3 and 4 are the same.

1 and 2 is this one, while 3 and 4 is the 'limited' edition version of the TRUE which is this one.

TRUE is just an acronym for Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme.

Hope this helped.

Oh I see, I am wondering what the difference is between the the two HSF then? Is there a significance cooling difference between black and non-black?

The black version differs in color, and includes an extra pair of fan clips.

So it includes 3 fan clips? I heard that the non black has 2 fan clips. In terms of cooling (both with 1 fan or both with 2) is there a difference in cooling or is it the same thing?

I also have ONE more question, will this fit nicely into my Thermaltake Spedo case?

TRUE Black comes with two sets of fan clips for push / pull cooling. If you get the regular TRUE you can buy a set of fan clips for $2 to do the same thing. Or use zip ties.

The TRUE will fit into your case, member ONEBADMK8 posted a picture with it installed in the case.

case-36.jpg

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595197

Perfect... thanks a lot guys..

My last question is that I have seen metal clips being used for the same HSF, is that a different version or can those be purchased separately or something?

ultra120installed.jpg is the picture as you can see.

And, also can I just get the Thermalright Ultra 120 with the 755/AM2 brackets, and then just buy the 1366 kit separately? Does that make it cheaper? I have fans myself so I don't need fans.

Know any places where those can be bought in CANADA? I tried googling, but all I'm getting are american sites.

Testing has shown that the copper TRUE only improves temps by about 2 degrees C but costs much more and weighs a ton compared to the regular TRUE. I would not feel comfortable putting it on a mobo with the case in tower position.

Back