• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4 & i3 12100f remove power limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zizio

hi i try to remove power limit but nothing change!! cpu still max at 4090ghz

my pc :

1-INTEL CORE I3-12100F
2-GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4 ( last bois f22)
3-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
4-GIGABYTE P750GM V2 750w 80 Plus (v2)
5-Thermalright Assassin X 120 SE CPU Air Cooler
6-XFX Speedster QICK308 Radeon RX 6650XT Ultra Gaming

Attachments

• 230501003538.png
    230501003538.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 230501003555.png
    230501003555.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 24
  • test.png
    test.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hey, this may be due to me being on mobile but did you list your system specs in your side? It'll help us.

Nothing wrong here...

4.3ghz is BOOST clocks on two cores. Your test is running all cores/threads so it runs at the lower clocks speed.

My suggestion is to run hwinfo and leave your PC idle for a bit and see if it boost with background stuff. Or... try running the single core test in cinebench and see if it boosts 5o 4.3 ghz.

Nothing wrong here...

4.3ghz is BOOST clocks on two cores. Your test is running all cores/threads so it runs at the lower clocks speed.

My suggestion is to run hwinfo and leave your PC idle for a bit and see if it boost with background stuff. Or... try running the single core test in cinebench and see if it boosts 5o 4.3 ghz.
yes it is work and i change the limit only to 100 i think thats is ok , can i do all the time 43ghz ?
and what is that (core distance ) ? is to high

fKYZ5wZ.png

yes it is work and i change the limit only to 100 i think thats is ok
It's an 89W processor, so, I think you'll be OK. Just make sure it's not hitting the power limit under load (otherwise it will throttle).

can i do all the time 43ghz
Yep. Set the CPU multiplier to 43x (maximum as you have a locked CPU and board that doesn't overclock past boost)... set voltage to 1.3V and see if it works. If it does, great! Try lowering the voltage a bit 0.025 and see if that works. The name of the overclocking game is to reach your clockspeed using the least amount of voltage needed to be stable. It's trial and error.

and what is that (core distance ) ? is to high
Distance to TJMax, or, the distance to the maximum temperature on the processor. If it reaches zero, the processor throttles due to thermals.

Last edited:
It's an 89W processor, so, I think you'll be OK. Just make sure it's not hitting the power limit under load (otherwise it will throttle).

Yep. Set the CPU multiplier to 43x (maximum as you have a locked CPU and board that doesn't overclock past boost)... set voltage to 1.3V and see if it works. If it does, great! Try lowering the voltage a bit 0.025 and see if that works. The name of the overclocking game is to reach your clockspeed using the least amount of voltage needed to be stable. It's trial and error.

Distance to TJMax, or, the distance to the maximum temperature on the processor. If it reaches zero, the processor throttles due to thermals.
Unfortunately, I don't see any difference in the results!! I do not know why ? It seems that Intel does not want to mess with this processor

3dmark before and after :

For 3DMark, the only relevant test here is the Physics score as that uses the CPU. Otherwise, you don't see a significant improvement. I don't recall if the phyiscs test uses all cores and threads, so if some are at 4.3 and others at 4.1, there isn't much of a difference. You're better off just leaving things as is and lowering the voltage so it holds longer.

For 3DMark, the only relevant test here is the Physics score as that uses the CPU. Otherwise, you don't see a significant improvement. I don't recall if the phyiscs test uses all cores and threads, so if some are at 4.3 and others at 4.1, there isn't much of a difference. You're better off just leaving things as is and lowering the voltage so it holds longer.
Thank you, my friend. It was done and I settled on these settings

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.png
    2.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.png
    3.png
    178 KB · Views: 10
can i start oc my ram ?

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    178 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back