• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game: Mount and Blade $7.50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just ordered this again for my son today. I bought this a long time ago but lost the info I needed to reorder. I think I paid about $25.00 for it last time so $7.50 is well worth the money.

Thinking about this. Lack of fancy graphics don't bother me, the open-ended RPG aspect sounds neat. FYI you can download a demo from the developer's site which allows free play up to character level 6.

Last edited:
My gf really enjoys this game, and I've heard many good things about it. Seems to have a solid mod community too from what I remember hearing.. Only thing it seems to lack is up to date graphics.

Well I tried the demo a bit, just played the tutorial. Sure the graphics aren't great but they aren't terrible either. It's sort of like Oblivion with low settings - not much grass or anything and less varied - and some things like a character's head that don't match the body. The gameplay is cool, a simple but detailed combat system where you control attack and blocking directions. Archery is hard! Because it uses realistic physics for the arrow flight.

I read that once you get in to the game and start building up your character and get involved in the gameworld it's more interesting. I think I'm going to buy it, for $7.50 :)

The only worrisome thing was that the demo download from softpedia got a 'Win32/packed.themida' warning from NOD32. Turns out this is an anti-cracking program that encrypts the .exe and prevents it from being reverse-engineered. Since it's also been used for some malware it gets flagged, with Nod32 v3.x you have to uncheck 'Potentially Unsafe Applications' to allow the download then reenable it, it runs fine once downloaded. With v4 you get an option to allow it rather than NOD32 automatically blocking it.

*Once you purchase from Direct2Drive there is a screen that has a product key. You can use this product key to activate the trial installation so no need to download it twice, and softpedia's download is really fast, it maxed out my connection at 12Mbs for the whole download.

Last edited:
Thanks OP , and thanks madman for mentioning the demo, tryed the demo , reminded me of the first diablo i used to play on PS1 , immediately bought it . Was just pillaging a village o_O. Surrender your linen and butter !!!

Well I've spent some more time playing and it's definitely a fun game. There are some rough spots and minor glitches but nothing gamebreaking. Some commercial RPGs have worse problems like glitches in Oblivion or Fallout 3. The only reason not to like it is if you want a directed RPG with a specific storyline rather than a free roaming one.

With mods and add-ons I think there's a lot more to look forward to. I can definitely see myself playing this game on and off for a long time.

Yeah , i actually downloaded the demo from steam , then just got the key and its now all kept within steam , which is nice .

Back