• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 902 + CoolerMaster V8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCoral

I'm not sure if this should go in the cooling or the case section, hopefully someone will move the thread if it's in the wrong place.

My question is, will the CoolerMaster V8 CPU cooler fit in the Antec 902 (900-two) case? I'm planning on using a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P if this makes any difference. Does anyone have a picture of a V8 in a 902?

I've used the search function and couldn't find an answer, so hopefully one of you lovely people will be able to help me out

Joe

Not one of the 24 people to have viewed this thread knows if the V8 will fit in the Antec 902?
What about the Xigmatek Dark Knight then?

Give it a few days. I don't have a clue, and I bet all the lookers don't know either. We look to see if we can help, if we can't we move on. No one has that setup or has posted yet. No reason to post if we can't help. I can't either, but at leat you know what your up against.

Hae you found any mesurements through exaustive reserch on the web yet? Nothing on what the case has for measurements? Or HS measurements? Might be up to you to decide.

The 900 is pretty deep.

Well I just ordered a V8 to go into my 900 so I will let you know, but as near as I can tell it will fit as long as you dont have a side fan.

Any update? I too have an Antec 902 and a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. Thinking of getting a Coolermaster V8 but I am not sure if it will fit.

The V8 isn't a stellar cooler... But just look at some technical specifications and then measure your case side to mobo distance. I have $20 mid-tower case and it fits my sunbeam just fine.

i've seen pics of it.
what you'll have trouble is...

side panel fan won't fit on, unless you mod it - cut the corner off 1 side. i had to do this as i have a TRUE which just fits in.

you MAY if you have very tall ram - ie. ones with tall heatsinks, you'll have trouble.
anything like OCZ Reaper X or Corsair Dominators might have trouble fitting under the V8.
you'll be fine if you have heatspreaders though, something like the size of Kingston Hyper X ram, OCZ Platinum.

EDIT: actually, the ram problem only occurs with the V12.

Back