• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extra parts... What to do ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Intel Core2 Duo Mobile Processor P8400 2.5 / 1066 / 3mb
2x1GB DDR2 667 200PIN MEMORY
Ageia PhysX Card
DELL SLOT LOAD "laptop" DVD-ROM R/W +/- DL SATA
14.1" Dell laptop screen - LCD 1200x800, Glossy - LTN141AT09

All the parts accept for the physX card is from a laptop that had a dead mobo.

I would like to use the screen, but it seems like a lot of work to use it, mainly would have been for a case mod "of course;)"

Any ideas ? I'm not sure if I am able to sell the parts, mainly because not to many people want the parts haha.

Well, best I can say is put together a new laptop out of it. Shouldn't be too hard to find a similar model parts unit with a bad screen/no screen and a good motherboard if you watch eBay.

I don't know of any easily obtainable or reasonably priced desktop motherboards that can use a mobile CPU and SODIMMs, and as you've found, it's difficult to hook a laptop screen up to anything but the laptop it came with. And the Physx card is pretty much pointless all around. So your options are rather limited.

You don't have a lot of options. As mentioned you could try and find on with a bad screen but then you still have everything else. Another option would be a self build notebook that would allow you to use the CPU and ram but those things still aren't cheap. Personally I would just sell the lot of it and buy something that you can use a bit easier than trying to piece something together just for the sake of it.

As mentioned you could try and find on with a bad screen but then you still have everything else.

Often the parts units on eBay have been stripped of RAM, sometimes even CPU. You might also be able to find a lower-end model that only came with a Celeron or something, and give it an upgrade.

Back