• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deciding on 2 PSU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raegar

Registered
So...I've ended up with 2 options that will be powering my soon to be built comp:
AMD Phenom 2 x4 (3.2GHz) - will OC (my first time :santa:)
HIS Radeon 4870 IceQ4+ (may double up in the future...so keep that in mind)
MSI 790FX mobo
Cooler Master HAF 922 Case (so you have an idea of the space I'll be working with)
OCZ Special Ops 4GB (2x2GB)
Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU cooler
and bout 4-5 case fans

Xigmatek NRP-MC751 (750W)
OR
Corsair CMPSU-750TX (750W)

One is obviously multi-rail, modular which will save me time and wont be a hassle and slightly more expensive, the other single rail and has lots of cables I'd need to manage. Question is which one will serve me better in powering my setup (OC'd to 3.6 at most since it'll be my first time hehe) but would be able to handle 2x 4870's if I decide to double up in the future.

Or if you recommend something else entirely at the similar or lower price...thats fine also.

thanks

Get the Corsair But get a 750HX(modular) if you can spare the money if not The TX will be fine.Im sure the Xigmatek is fine also but i haven't seen any real reviews of it yet.I dont really trust newegg reviews 100%

Id say even go for the Corsair 620hx. Mabey pushing it a little close for CF but still a very nice option.

Back