• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Mic Feedback. HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbowler12

Registered
When ever i use my mic there is a constant tone in the background, which sounds like i am on life support. It annoys the hell out of everyone on vent and i have yet to pin point the problem.
I am using a Evga 780i SLI mother board with Realtek HD Audio Drivers
But im using a SteelSeries 5vh2 USB headset.

Please help

I've always noticed a slight hiss when recording sound through my onboard sound card, but never a distinctive tone.. Maybe try an add-on card to see if that will get rid of the interference.

Also, I heard that if you have a lot of cables bunched up together (as you would have behind a computer) that they can create a fairly decent EMF field. Does anyone know if this would be enough to induce a small current in the cable of his mic? (this is pretty much for my own curiosity :beer:)

so its a conflict between the drivers and your pc

its not uncommon
i would sell them and buy somehting else
I think that this is what im dealing with since the 5vh2 has its own USB sound Card

And yes Riosen it can effect a mic cable, i just ruled it is no where near other cables

You could try grounding the sleeve of the mic connector to your case.

Back