• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus maximus extreme 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uncle bob

Registered
I am currently using the onboard sound.While gaming online using headphone/mic I get complaints of noise when I speak so I have to switch to push to talk.No complaints then. My headset/mic combo is the SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism,i am not using that cheap usb sound card that came with it.My case is a corsair 900d.When I am gaming I do not like having
to push to talk it messes up my game kill/death ratio.I am using the sonic suite 2 and sonic studio 2 software.So does anyone know why my mic is sounding so bad ? and how might I fix
this.I have a hard time thinking it is the max ex 8 MB so where would this interference be coming from.Oh and I am jacking the headphone/mic into the front panel on the corsair case.
Help my kills are going down/deaths going up ,you guys know that sucks.

Are you using Teamspeak or such other software? Have you checked out your mic settings in whatever application you are using?

Have you tested using the USB soundcard that came with the headset? I used that during my review and found it to be adequate. Test using the front panel of your case, the back of the case, and the USB sound card in the windows recording application to listen to your voice and see if you can reproduce what they are hearing.

Back