• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this void my warrenty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

i have a gtx 260 zotac synerhy edition, and am thinking of removeing the plastic shroud and placing a 80mm fan there instead, will this void my warrenty? the manual is not very clear on this.
any help would be much appriciated

p.s will putting a aftermarket cooler on void warrenty?

The 80mm fan will probably be louder, and that setup will trap more of the heat inside the case and render the stock fan useless.

Personally, I'd leave it alone.

Read the Zotac warranty info on their website for your region. It should tell you if these kinds of mods are covered.

i have a gtx 260 zotac synerhy edition, and am thinking of removeing the plastic shroud and placing a 80mm fan there instead, will this void my warrenty? the manual is not very clear on this.
any help would be much appriciated

How are you planning on doing this exactly? The fans in these coolers are blower style fans that suck air in from the face of the fan and blow it sideways. The shroud directs the air through the heat sink fins. Removing the shroud alone will negatively impact cooling and replacing the stock fan with a standard fan will do worse. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean?

On better brands, such as Evga, XFX, and others, you are allowed to remove the stock cooler and have the warrenty in tact. I don't know about zotac though.

I'm pretty sure that with those companies, you still have to send the stock cooler with the card if you have to RMA. So modding the Stock cooler might not be a good idea if the warranty is to be kept. :shrug:

Back