• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Celeron steppings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

I've noticed on Intel's S-Spec sheet that both cD0 and cC0 Coppermine Celerons were produced for the 800MHz and 850 MHz parts. What are the chances that if I order one of these from an online vendor (OEM part, of course) that I get a cC0, as opposed to a cD0? I really like the chances of these hitting 133 FSB (much better than a 900 or 1.0), but it'd suck to get stuck with a cC0 that won't go over 1GHz.

Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks.

:eek:

How did your cC0 do? I mean..I had a cB0 633, and the stubborn thing still hit 950 easy! How bad could the cC0s really be? I know the cD0 stands really well overall, but how far down do the cC0s usually stand?

Just buy one from:
1) A vendor with no restocking fee and "return for any reason" policy.

2) A local vendor or computer show where you can see the chip and make sure it is the right stepping. You may pay more, but can get the right stepping.

High volume retailers should of cleared their cC0 inventory out long time ago. I have a cC0 P-III 700 and it is a good overclocker, it's just that "on average" the cD0 steppings do better. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two is to compare the default core voltage. The cC0 is 1.7v and the cD0 is 1.75v. However, if I were doing it, I would get the 900, it's a guaranteed cD0 and it's quite easy to hit 133 FSB with them.

Cool stuff. I think I might go the whole nine yards on this one.

How does this sound:

A Coppermine vs. Tualatin Deathmatch!!!

I think I'm going to get a 1.0 Coppermine (guaranteed to be cD0), and a 1.0A Tualatin. Do some tests, overclock, and see just how much better the Tualatin really is! I lost my bid on that motherboard, so I'm free to get a Tually-compatible one. I'll skip the deathmatch if anyone has a review around that compares two identically clocked Celerons with different cores available.

theflyingrat said:
Cool stuff. I think I might go the whole nine yards on this one.

How does this sound:

A Coppermine vs. Tualatin Deathmatch!!!

I think I'm going to get a 1.0 Coppermine (guaranteed to be cD0), and a 1.0A Tualatin. Do some tests, overclock, and see just how much better the Tualatin really is! I lost my bid on that motherboard, so I'm free to get a Tually-compatible one. I'll skip the deathmatch if anyone has a review around that compares two identically clocked Celerons with different cores available.
it just so happens i have a P3 1000e cD0 for sale in the classifides :)

theflyingrat said:
Actually, I was really referring to a 1.0 Celeron...but a 1.0 PIII would be an interestin addition to the deathmatch, as well!
but a Tualatin celeron is just a p3, it has the came cache :beer:
of course the Tualatin will beat the cumine celeron, lol.

Back