• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Operating System OCing VS BIOS OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Been To Branson

Registered
Hey all,

I have been told of two type of overclocking. You can do the standard, tried and true, increasing of FSB in the BIOS to OC; but I have been told of programs you can run that you run while in Windows, then they basically reboot your system to the specifications you input into the program. Does anyone know an example of this program, or do you happen to have any input on which is better? Is there any problem in doing the program version of OCing vice the traditional version?

Thanks for any input.

generally you should go as far as you can with the BIOS, and then after that, use an overclocking tool within windows (your gigabyte board should have come with one) and push it a little farther if you can, as there will be somewhat stable points that you may not be able to boot into, but can operate at within windows.

I don't mess with software overclocking - I'm strictly a BIOS OC'er. While I can't speak from experience, I'd say BIOS overclocking is likely a better way to go...

:cool:

Back