• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.8GHZ --> 4.0GHZ| 3dmark06 16K --> 12K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuiiey

hiya,

sorry for the bad title, didn't know howelse to put it so it would fit in. Recently i overclocked my E7200 from 3.8 to 4.0GHZ @ 1.45V and just out of interest i ran a benchmarking test.

Personally, i am not a benchmarker! i do not give a damn about how many points my system gets and stuff. but i just want to know why after i overclocked higher does my score drop by 4K.

Any ideas/help guys???

What were the individual scores for CPU and GPU and how did they change? That should help point us toward the CPU/FSB/RAM or GPU as being the problem.

Its very possible that your overclock is unstable, i had that issue with my e8400. At 4.2ghz id score 5k more than 4.5ghz. Turned out my OC was unstable and i had to do some tweaking. Try upping the vcore slightly when trying for the higher OC. Obviously don't go all out and toast your chip but the result seems consistent with a power starved CPU. The slightest voltage jump can be the difference between a stable and unstable OC.

Back