• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guitar Lessons On The Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

I just purchase an Ovation Acoustic 1993 Gold Collectors Edition guitar. I have a live drive audio card on my computer and can play the guitar through the computer. My problem is I do not know how to play. I am in need of some beginner guitar software to use on my computer. Anybody have a clue what software will help a beginner?

Unfortunatly i reckon your out of luck. I was speaking to some1 in a shop i went to see if they could get me some software to help teach me. Apprently they dont sell very well and he sold his last copy the previous week after it being on the shelf for 2 years!!!
However check out www.songplayer.com. Its the best downloadable software iv found. Thing is you have to pay for each song u want to learn to play and it doesn't give u basics.
Try it out anyway. Your best bet though is to pay out and get a teacher.

My friend bought Guitar Method for computer and now hes pretty good! Theres a lot of guitar lessons for computer that are good All you need to do is practice alot

i recently bought a guitar too and ive been teaching myself via tabs and such, just find a song that sounds fairly easy and you like it and search for the tab on google. There are also lots of nice guitar sites that have some basic lessons to improve dexterity and strenght and teach you how to play different styles. Head over to www.tabcrawler.com they have lots of tabs and lessons and anything else you could possibly want. Also i bought a book which indexed all the chords (excluding power chords) at a local music shop, which only ran me 5 bucks. I wish you luck. Just keep at it and practice lots, and you should do fine.

Jon Austin

Back