• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting error in Prime 95/Orthos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Koaka

So I have the e8400 overclocked to 4000mhz 500bus 2000fbs and the vcore from 1.296-1.312. Whenever I run Prime95 after a while it gets a windows error. I am not talking about the test stopping and getting a error which obivously means the cpu is unstable. I am saying the program closes and it gives me the little window that says this program has encountered a error and has to close send info to windows to fix the situation etc etc.

NB volt - 1.33
SB volt - 1.5
DRAM - 2.2 ( gskill 4gigs )

If the program closes does that mean that the cpu is unstable or what?

try bumbing the clocks down to where you know the system is stable and run prime. If it still errors out, it's software. If it works fine, the system isn't stable at the higher clock.

Hes not speaking about PRIME error, but a WINDOWS error ... this program had encountered an error ... bleh bleh bleh ... send report / dont send.

I would just CLEAN the prime install, downlowd the LATEST one / reinstall and try again.

Hes not speaking about PRIME error, but a WINDOWS error ... this program had encountered an error ... bleh bleh bleh ... send report / dont send.

I would just CLEAN the prime install, downlowd the LATEST one / reinstall and try again.

I think Corpsejockey knows that:beer: The point which he is trying to make is that sometimes bad clocks manifest themselves in different ways. Things can bluescreen from a program error, bad memory, or a bad OC. Sometimes programs crash because of bad clocks. I agree with his advice, back it down to stock and see if the error still happens. If it does, it is prime that is whacked. If it does not, then the OC is no good.

Last edited:
^ +1. If prime is unstable: it stops and tells you. If its really unstable, then it will frack your system. Just keep it in mind when you're testing.

I think Corpsejockey knows that:beer: The point which he is trying to make is that sometimes bad clocks manifest themselves in different ways. Things can bluescreen from a program error, bad memory, or a bad OC. Sometimes programs crash because of bad clocks. I agree with his advice, back it down to stock and see if the error still happens. If it does, it is prime that is whacked. If it does not, then the OC is no good.

Yep. Ty for the backup. Just had a wierd realtemp issue due to a bad oc. Prime would run, but real temp stopped responding and caused a windows error even after deleting and re-downloading. Backed the oc off 50mhz and poof, problem solved. Best to eliminate the oc from stability problems first IMO.

yep it was a bad oc. I needed more vcore

edit-- running 4000/500/2000 at 60c load.

Back