• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testers/Reviewers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Masska

I would like to hear from members that would be interested in testing and reviewing a new concept/product which relates to TIM.

the product is Indigo Extreme.http://indigo-xtreme.com/
Are you familiar with testing and have the necessary equipment and methods to write a review?
You will need to compare Indigo with 2 or 3 other TIM's under controlled idle and stress conditions,using a 775 and or 1366 cpu .
Preferably using an air cooled system plus a water cooled system. And compile all the data and findings in a concise and professional manner.

Let me know and if can help out and or have samples of your reviews.
Any questions please post them here or I'll be happy to answer via pm.

Cheers:beer:

Why are you discriminating against AMD CPU users? We use thermal paste too!

. I was going to mention the Amd side, but was too lazy :beer:.

Edit: I have Mx-2 and Tx-2 as well as two different retention systems and two different cpu's. This could have potential... Oh wait, intel only.

hmm i was looking at your video

and im a little confused over the whole process...so the tim gets hot enough to where it melts and molds to the cpu and heatsink so it decreases the temps but then it starts climbing again why?

is it gong to do that over and over again or will it eventually reach a stable point?

no discrimination at all trents:beer:
I'm sure the AMD version is on its way.
. I was going to mention the Amd side, but was too lazy :beer:.

Edit: I have Mx-2 and Tx-2 as well as two different retention systems and two different cpu's. This could have potential... Oh wait, intel only.
thanks for the post. are you able to run the review in a controlled environment and format your findings and feedback in a professional review?
Could you please send me samples of your review material?
hmm i was looking at your video

and im a little confused over the whole process...so the tim gets hot enough to where it melts and molds to the cpu and heatsink so it decreases the temps but then it starts climbing again why?

is it gong to do that over and over again or will it eventually reach a stable point?

once the reflow (burn-in) process is complete, the temps will remain stable.
During the process the CPU has reached 100% load and bellow Tcore max and reflow of Indigo Extreme takes just a few minutes.

here's a link of some further information,
http://www.indigo-xtreme.com/documentation.html

BTW guys, this is not my product nor am I affiliated with Enerdyne Solutions.
I came across this product in its early development stages and was very interested in its innovation and prospects. Since then I've been helping Enerdyne with the development and subsequent release.
I would gladly review,however time and lack of proper equipment will not allow me to. Thus far I have secured at least one maybe two reviewers from XS and one from OCAU, and was hoping to secure at least one experienced reviewer from OCF

:beer:

I have the processors and cooling methods you desire, and would be more than capable of putting together a professional review (even though I do not currently review computer components) The available Intel PC components you can pull from my signature. As far as cooling is concerned; I have an Asus Lion Square, Xigmatek Dark Knight, and a dedicated CPU Loop for the I7 testing. TIMs available for comparison are AS5 and OCZ Freeze.

The time I have available to compile enough review data would be the main concern. Is there a set completion date for your project?

I'm sure one of our reviewers would be able to complete a review of this product. Personally, I've got AS:5, AS:Ceramique, MX-2 and some generic stuff sitting around. Another one of our reviewers has Shin Etsu IIRC. Review samples: http://gilgameshreviews.com . PM me if you're interested.

thanks for the post. are you able to run the review in a controlled environment and format your findings and feedback in a professional review?
Could you please send me samples of your review material?

Bahaha, I'm 14, what do you expect? I would love to do one of these tests, but with football started, doubles looming and the fact that I really don't have time to tinker, a "controlled" environment or any of the proper temperature monitoring equipment, I would say no go :/.

I have the processors and cooling methods you desire, and would be more than capable of putting together a professional review (even though I do not currently review computer components) The available Intel PC components you can pull from my signature. As far as cooling is concerned; I have an Asus Lion Square, Xigmatek Dark Knight, and a dedicated CPU Loop for the I7 testing. TIMs available for comparison are AS5 and OCZ Freeze.

The time I have available to compile enough review data would be the main concern. Is there a set completion date for your project?

thanks nzaneb
your list of components will give a diverse review, which is a good thing!
The time frame to which we would like to see the finished review would be within two weeks after you receive the kits. Would this be ok with you?
I trust that you would be able to produce a professional review with some hi quality pics,charts, graphs etc. And of course your own personal findings and opinions to the results. If it all sounds good with you, please send me a pm with with your details, address etc.
Cheers.

Probably dont have everything review wise that you want but I have AS5, whitegoo, Shin Etsu, IC Diamond, and probably more.

thanks for your post Adragontattoo.
As long as you have experience in testing and reviewing and are able to compile the data and pics in a professional format, that is all we are asking.
A choice of hardware would be an advantage, maybe a wc and ac system using 2 or 3 different TIM's for comparison. Having said that, its not necessary to have all these components and hardware at your disposal and maybe just use one controlled system under the various TIM's.
If your still interested, please send me a pm :beer:

Bahaha, I'm 14, what do you expect? I would love to do one of these tests, but with football started, doubles looming and the fact that I really don't have time to tinker, a "controlled" environment or any of the proper temperature monitoring equipment, I would say no go :/.

no probs mate, you're too young anyway! Minimum age limit is 27 :D

seriously, what football are you referring to? is this soccer or American football?
I coach soccer and love the game:beer:

thanks for posting btw.

thanks nzaneb
your list of components will give a diverse review, which is a good thing!
The time frame to which we would like to see the finished review would be within two weeks after you receive the kits. Would this be ok with you?
I trust that you would be able to produce a professional review with some hi quality pics,charts, graphs etc. And of course your own personal findings and opinions to the results. If it all sounds good with you, please send me a pm with with your details, address etc.
Cheers.

Unfortunately, the time I have available in the next few weeks wouldn't be conducive to a proper review. I'm in the middle of finishing a two bedroom addition on my house, thus my time is limited for a little while longer. If you're still in need of a review once I have a little more time available (two or three weeks), I would be more than happy to help you out.

Unfortunately, the time I have available in the next few weeks wouldn't be conducive to a proper review. I'm in the middle of finishing a two bedroom addition on my house, thus my time is limited for a little while longer. If you're still in need of a review once I have a little more time available (two or three weeks), I would be more than happy to help you out.

i know exactly what you're going through. I renovated my house a couple of years ago (did most of the labor myself) and it took me over ten months:bang head .
We were living in the house during all this and I can tell you it wasn't pretty.
I'd do it again but definitely not live in the house during renos.
Good luck with your additions and thank you for your offer :beer:

no probs mate, you're too young anyway! Minimum age limit is 27 :D

seriously, what football are you referring to? is this soccer or American football?
I coach soccer and love the game:beer:

thanks for posting btw.

American football! Fourth year playing, but first year at the high school level. And no problem posting! :D I would actually love to do this in the future (once I get a nice selection of components to use :evil laugh: )

In all seriousness though, you'd probably be better off taking that underlined bolted thing out of you signature.

4 pieces of chopped off all-thread and 8 nuts isn't really something to brag about in the long term I'd think :)

Anyways.

I disagree, it shows inventivenessitude and engineering skills. Now if it didn't work i'd agree completely :D

In all seriousness though, you'd probably be better off taking that underlined bolted thing out of you signature.

4 pieces of chopped off all-thread and 8 nuts isn't really something to brag about in the long term I'd think :)

Anyways.

Well, I don't mean to overreact, but it has been posted by myself more than a couple times that I don't currently have access to any of my tools (left them on vacation at my friend's family farm) other wise there would be more to it than, "4 chopped off pieces of all-thread and 8 nuts."

I disagree, it shows inventivenessitude and engineering skills. Now if it didn't work i'd agree completely :D

Thank you. :D

And just a side note, I know it is never too early to start, but I consider myself (and standardized testing backs this up) to be a decently smart young lad. And being as both of my parents have gone down this road (twice with my older siblings, ( one a UofI Champaign/Urbana Graduate, the other a UofI Champaign/Urbana sophmore.) I would have plenty of advice coming in as how to better myself in the long run thank you very much.

Back