• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damn mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

I recently decided that I wanted to try to overclock my computer. I thought of a few methods to help cool my system. Then when I thought I was ready to take my first step, I loaded up the mother board monitor progrram and there was no temp reading, there was also no fan reading. Then when I went I installed the VIA hardware monitor, it didnt work either. I checked the manual for my board and it said that there was a option for the thermometer located under the CPU. I turned my comp off and checked under the CPU and found to silver dots that read R18A and I think R17A. I contacted the Board manufacturer (ACORP) but I never got a response.
For reference my board is the 6VIA 83B/ P3 733 / 256MB SDRAM
DOes anyone have this board, or every worked with it before if so HELP!

Last edited:
This should go in the AMD section somewhere. And if what I'm hearing is correct, your mobo has the ability to have a thermistor but it doesn't. All it has is two silver dots right? A thermister would be a little blue thingy or a really thin wire with some plastic around it. But for overclocking I would suggest getting a better mobo. What brand is it?

It would help if you gave more information, like processor type (AMD or Intel) and then posted in the proper forum. There are many people who can help you if you give enough info to start with.

N_D

Edit: This is a Socket370 Intel board. Moving to Intel Motherboards (Acorp's BIOS and INFO pages)

Last edited:
Back