• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this caused by Windows Media player?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

Well as the title says im on windows 7 x64. My card is in sig which i found to be a fraud of an x-fi not an actual x-fi but it was cheap. Hears the deal, i started watching some of my .avi files that i've obtained full length movies. I've noticed in Windows media player the audio is slightly out of sync with the video, I immediate though "crap its my sound card" so i tested multiple videos same thing, i jump on my lap top and watched them across the network, and they seemed fine in windows media player off vista x32. at this point i hate my sound card, although it sounds GREAT for music and games despite the newegg reviews. So i give VLC a download and play the videos and the audio is on spot with the video after testing multiple videos, only thing about VLC it seems as if the video quality is 'slightly' reduced. Could just be me. Would this be an issue with windows media player possibly? Anyone else seen this issue? I mean the audio drivers are beta of course and its a RC of windows 7. oh yeah, and i even tried dropping the .avi onto my other HDD and it still as out of sync but only in windows media player. I'm slowly hating WMP i use songbird(bad *** itunes opensource) for music and may slide away from WMP for video too, just such crap.

thanks!

Back