• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Literally brown MCP655

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
same color as outside generally... If it were white I'd say plastizer, may still be, just a slight coating how long was it ran?

looooong time... 2 yrs maybe. Its tought to get it off, it doesn't smell organic, it probably is plastizer, but I thought that stuff was white/yello

lol, looks like you painted it army brown.

try a tooth brush and rubbing alcohol.

what color was it before? lol, I've never seen inside one of those :eek:

clean one
img0327ckm.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, plastizer is white, used to have a ton of that before I switched to primochill tubing. Could be a mix of algae and plastizer... who knows... and yes will be very hard to remove as it's inside of all the pits and grooves, need a stiff bristle tooth brush to get into those.

You took nice pics! Two years? Wow. What liquid were ya running? Look inside the CPU block, if it's clean with some oxidation and no buildup it's just old plasticizer and memories. Think the tubing might be missing all it's plasticizer by now, hehe.

Thorilan one step ahead as normal :D yes I was going to say at lower light levels you can grow your very own `brown algae`

looks like a lovely brown algae/plastisizer mix.

(trivia time... algae has many modes of replication and can drift round the upper atmosphere half a dozen times before it lands in your loop. even comes with the tap water)

Back