• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**MSI X58 PLATINUM SLI boot issue**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

After I go in and change volts or anything and want to save and exit my bios it shuts the computer down instead of restarting like it usually does.

Anyone know why or know the fix?

It shuts down, but does it start up on it's own? Mine does that ( shuts down) but then fires right back up with the new settings.

Does it shut down and then start back up, or does it shut off completely?

Woops, I see Nebulous asked the same question.

I had that issue, where the board would should off completely then start back up, resulting in no POST. When I change a setting, normally the board resets and then will POST again. In my experience if the board shuts off completely, then there is a bios setting out of whack.

I would try clearing the CMOS and then loading optimized defaults. Save and Exit. Then go back and reapply your previous BIOS settings.

Last edited:
Does it shut down and then start back up, or does it shut off completely?

Woops, I see Nebulous asked the same question.

I had that issue, where the board would should off completely then start back up, resulting in no POST. When I change a setting, normally the board resets and then will POST again. In my experience if the board shuts off completely, then there is a bios setting out of whack.

I would try clearing the CMOS and then loading optimized defaults. Save and Exit. Then go back and reapply your previous BIOS settings.

my ud3p is the exact same way if i change one setting it doesnt like it wont post and just a shut off/on loop til i hit the switch on the psu and leave it off for a bit and then turn it back on

Back