• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TYR Sidechain - CHARMM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
kendan said:
Anybody get one of these? I am on the first frame and it is taking forever.

My poor Klamath P-II/233 caught one of the "Sidechain" workunits... considering that machine takes about 4 days to finish a "Villin"... I suspect it won't make it in time. :(

Re: Re: TYR Sidechain - CHARMM

Gator said:

My poor Klamath P-II/233 caught one of the "Sidechain" workunits... considering that machine takes about 4 days to finish a "Villin"... I suspect it won't make it in time. :(

It should it is only 10 frames so it really isn't taking that long. My rig that is in my sig did a frame about every 9 min.

Mine freezes and shuts down when I try to Fold this protein...what should I do?

When I go to task manager, it says that the core_65.exe is still working?

Should I just let it run and see if it gets finished?

Gandalf said:
Mine freezes and shuts down when I try to Fold this protein...what should I do?

When I go to task manager, it says that the core_65.exe is still working?

Should I just let it run and see if it gets finished?

What freezes and shuts down?

I bet I'm having same problem...Winfah is crashing if I try to display it...I was on the 5th frame when it first happened and now mine had to start it all over. :mad:

I'm using version 2.15...about to upgrade to see if it helps.

BTW my two main rigs are taking about 16 minutes per frame on this 10 frame monster. wonder what these things are gonna be worth?

Tithulta said:
I bet I'm having same problem...Winfah is crashing if I try to display it...I was on the 5th frame when it first happened and now mine had to start it all over. :mad:

I'm having th exact same problem with ALA Sidechain. If I try to display the window, WinXP intercepts a crash and closes WinFah. If I just don't try to display it then it folds away. I can restart the client right away and it keeps going. I don't know if it picks up where it left off though. I hope this issue gets fixed.

I have gotten one of these proteins and my P3-733 just finished the first of the ten rames in 24.87 minutes. It's cool to have a new protein out there.

Re: Re: Re: TYR Sidechain - CHARMM

kendan said:

It should it is only 10 frames so it really isn't taking that long. My rig that is in my sig did a frame about every 9 min.
Sidechain can't be worth too much. with your tbird would finsh in 1 1/2 hours. I'm thinking might be somewhere around .3 or .4pts

Re: Re: Re: Re: TYR Sidechain - CHARMM

res0r9lm said:

Sidechain can't be worth too much. with your tbird would finsh in 1 1/2 hours. I'm thinking might be somewhere around .3 or .4pts

I just kept deleting my Work Folder in the hopes that I would get a different protein.......it worked. :D

My linux machines have been working on these sidechain wu's almost exclusively for the last month or so. I think stanford just now got around to setting up the graphical side of things for these wu's so now we are starting to see them on windows machines. I'm not sure how much they are worth, but it isn't much, and it isn't an even tenth of a point. My score has had two decimal places since I started with them. It is also why I have such a ridiculously high number of completed wu's for my score.

I had my laptop d/l a ILE SIDECHAIN-OPLSAA a little while ago and it replaced my core_65.exe with a new one dated 1/22/02 when it started to work on this new protein. I am running the console version presently on my laptop, so I could follow it's progress when getting this new WU.

Back