• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gears of war pc, defective product?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ahgemon

yeah still no chance of launching this game, I hate microsoft, gave them way to much money for absolutely nothing.

This game is no longer on store shelves, is it because the game is now bugged and un playable?

If you have the game disc go load it and see if it will launch, I have no luck so far, prompted to un-install each time I click play, just crap.

does anyone know of a patch for this retarded piece of software?

frustrated

Yeah, if there was some kind of award for crap console porting, Epic would've definitely won out on that one.

Change the date to 1st Jan, 2008. Gears had an issue of the license expiring after a certain date. You can check the official site theres a patch as well but changing the date is easier. I just finished the campaign again few weeks ago.

Ok so the clock trick does work still! I was reading up on that trick the other night, will give it a try, any1 have an exact procedure for tweaking with the clock? sorry if thats a silly question, I haven't gone into windows and played with the time for a long time.

So there really is a program that is in the coding which checks the date, and since we are past expiration, this game fails to load? I have never heard of anything this gay my whole life, someone link me an email to this Epic or whoever it is that made this game, so I can add to the huge pile of complaints which I am sure they have long ignored now.

any1 have an exact procedure for tweaking with the clock?

In Control Panel, go to Clock, Language and Region settings...under Date and Time select Set Date and Time... and change it to an early date in 2008, thats pretty much it. Set it back to your current date when you're done playing.

Are you guys talking about the error you get when you try to run the game that says something about 'cannot run the executable file that has been modified' I just installed it and that's all it says. I cant help but attach the word fail to the end of epics name when ever someone talks about it.

thanx for the input guys, yeah I can staple dummy on my forehead for not researching this product before buying it, glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, I will try the date re-adjustment when I get a few days off work next week.

I got my memory cooled down with a fan system on it, now my pc is not seeing my sound card so I have got to deal with this matter, daggon pc is like being married almost, if its not one thing another thing comes up

This patch fixes the digital certificate problem described here. I was wondering myself since I have the game so I searched the tubes hoping I won't have to do the clock trick next time I reinstall.

Sad. I just installed GTA4.

Game+SecuROM+Rockstar Social Glub+GFWL+Cheese+Pickle+Large soda
Game requires P4 2.0GHZ

Pile-o-crapp requires i7 920 and 12GB of RAM, 2 GTX 295
or better

Back