• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I get my own custom email address?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TehGoober

I think this is the right section, but not really sure to be honest...

My dad is wanting his own email address. We're going to go through Godaddy, but I just had a couple of questions to make sure everything is OK before I go through with it as I'm a bit confused.

Basically, we want [email protected]. So to do this, do we just need to register a domain name and then add the email package, or do we have to add some sort of hosting plan as well? He checks his email everyday (and at the longest it might be a couple days stretch) so other than the luxury of having 10 different email addresses on the same domain, there's really no need to get a package with "unlimited storage" as it's all coming off of Godaddy's server and onto his computer, right?

So, just wanted to make sure it was that simple.

1) Go to Godaddy and register
2) Get domain + add email package
3) Add discount codes :bday: and complete checkout
4) Set it all up after purchase

I appreciate the help.

yap it's that easy, no need for a hosting plan.

i would rethink the [email protected] might be a lot of questionable material coming your way (pron) =) :bday: kidding

yap it's that easy, no need for a hosting plan.

i would rethink the [email protected] might be a lot of questionable material coming your way (pron) =) :bday: kidding

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and there are options for spam filters and stuff, just so you know :D

And if you don't want to pay for the hosting there are free hosting options :)

Can I give you a link or is that against the rules?

Yeah, and there are options for spam filters and stuff, just so you know :D

And if you don't want to pay for the hosting there are free hosting options :)

Can I give you a link or is that against the rules?

If you can't post it, I'd be happy to get your PM. :)

Appreciate the replies guys. Thank you very much.

You can post a link that is fine. The only time links aren't ok (besides links to warez or p0rn sites) is when they are in your signature which is considered blatant advertising. However you can by forum rules put up a link to a recommended service if someone asks about it.

Back