• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

email address black listed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveokinevo

hey all

im trying to figure this one out for work. the problem is when sending an email through go daddy it comes back saying failed to send. this has happened with multiple address. we basically send this as a mass message sort of thing to try and rope in more business. not sure whats going on. the email has been cross checked on litmus and mailtester and seems fine. anybody able to help?

Do you work for GoDaddy or just using their email system for another business?

Have you checked with GoDaddy? Maybe they are having problems on their end with their email server or something.

No, I don't work for them. We just use their email for business where I work. Everything has been working good until now. Its like everything being sent out is automatically being flagged as spam or something. I believe go daddy has been contacted, but no help. Boss is ready to just change the email address but I'm trying to help get it working again.

I was having a similar problem with Zoom the other day when trying to send approval requests for adding contacts. The would be approver never got the email requests even though those same people got requests for joining the meetings.

The solution, and the only solution that may work, is to add

1. SPF to your server
2. DKIM
3. And [maybe] optional DMARC

SPF
1. Login to your CPANEL.
2. Go to Zone Editor - (under Domains category)
3. Select your domain and press Manage
4. Select All under filter. Go through the list checking the Value Column to ensure that NO record starts with v=spf1. If there is such an entry delete it.
5. Near the top there is an "Add Record" button. Click the arrow next to it and Select Add TXT Record.
6. Enter the following:
Name: YourDomainName.com (E.g. example.com)
TTL: 1400
Class: IN
Type: T
Record: v=spf1 a mx include:secureserver.net -all
7. Save. It will take up to 24 hrs for details to propergate.

DKIM/DMARC
1. Enable this feature in the WHM features if not enabled already.
2. Set up global DKIM
3. Login to the CPANEL
4. Click on Authentication (Under Email Category)
5. Ensure DKIM is Enabled and press UPDATE

When you say "send this email as a mass message", how many recipients are we talking? Could be your getting shutdown due to spam filters. Hosts tend to throttle how many/how fast an account can send email.

Many scenarios can unfold out of this.
Have you checked whether the "To" email addresses are up and working and not defunct?
Ask GoDaddy why the emails are not being sent to the required email addresses.

Only GoDaddy support team would be able to help you.
They will resolve any incompatibility problem you have which may be causing this mail not sent problem.

Back