• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visual Artifacts after CC install on XFX 4890

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liveforsnow2288

Hi all,

I don't have any clue what to do about this but this is what's happening....

I had everything installed and working and was installing some software. During one of the installations my computer crashed without even a BSOD and then restarted seemingly normally. I thought I might have some type of trojan or virus because icons for some of the folders and whatnot stopped showing up. I did a complete wipe and reformated my drive and started from scratch. This time whenever I install any type of driver for my 4890 I will sometimes get screen flickers and icons stop showing up. Also there seems to be something screwy with the screen resolution settings when i try to change them. The weird thing is it all runs smoothly until i install the product drivers.

I'm wondering if the card is on the verge of failure or if there is something incompatible with motherboard and drivers. btw I have a MSI P45 Platinum motherboard with v1.6 bios.

I took the card out and it was pretty hot, after reinstalling I'm gonna give it another go.

Please let me know if you've heard/experience any of the same symptoms and what i should possible do to fix it or whether i should RMA it.

Thanks,
lfs

Were you installing the drivers that came with the card or the newest ones off ATI's site?

looked into it CGR and the problem seems to have resolved itself by reformatting and installing the new drivers from XFX's website... thanks for the response

looked into it CGR and the problem seems to have resolved itself by reformatting and installing the new drivers from XFX's website... thanks for the response

Back