• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

successfully overclocked Acer 9300 AMD turion 64 2.0GHz(mobile)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chowdan

Hey everyone!!!!

I am new here and also to overclocking.

So basically i have been trying to learn how to overclock. Right now i have my new desktop and can't afford to overclock it due to being a stupid noob! So i took on the task of overclocking my laptop. I tore it down, removed the case, screen, keyboard, and everything else. Right now i have a desk fan blowing on the heat sink and an ambiant temp of 60*C, while the processor at 100% load is running anywhere from 39*C to 43*C.

I am happy to say i have successfully overclocked and have a stable platform at 2.2GHz, while at 1.2VID. I can go up to 2.3 but Prime95 is coming back saying theres an hardware issue. It can only get 1.2v(stock at 1.15v). I would like to know what other software is out there that allows you to change the volts? I have to use all software based due to being a laptop and being locked out of the overclocking utility. If anyone knows how to unlock the bios then that'd be great as well!!!!

Any info would be great!

Very nice :D but its easier to oc the desktop...

What type is your laptop and desktop?

@ Dolk - Desktop - Ultra Xblaster, 2 case fans | AMD Phenom 9600 | cool master V8 cooling(will be here in 2 days!) | OCZ SLI 800MHz 4GB(2*2048), Seagate 7200rpm 750GB HDD

Laptop - Acer Aspire 9300 - AMD Turion 64 Mobile(single core) @ 2.3GHz Stable (2.0GHz stock) | 3GB Kingston Ram 383.3MHz | Seagate 120GB HDD | GeForce GO 6100. Mobo and all components are out of housing and sitting loosely, Stock cooling failed so have a deskfan blowing on heat sink. Thinking about using it to build a Oil Cooled System.

@ GrimX9 -I just realized i ment 60F!!!!! hahahah boy 60C would be quite amazing! But I've been running Prime95 for 6 hours now and im keeping the processor at 50-52C and its been stable at that temp for about 3 hours now. Ambient temp is about 78-82F. Sort of hard keeping the place at 60F since i am living out of my brothers RV and it is sitting in the direct heat!

I can get up to 2.4GHz but is unstable and only runs for about 20 minutes. At 2.35 it is unstable as Prime 95 says theres an error. But the comp runs fine for 3 or 5 hours(only let it run for 5 hours at 2.35)

Back