• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Micro ATX towers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesman32

Looking for a Micro ATX tower. I've tried cube cases before, and I don't really like them. I want relatively good airflow, as my 955 and a 5870 are going into it, so it'll get a little toasty. I don't really have a budget at this point, but anything south of $100 is good for me. Also, I'd like the size to stay at about 14"x14" or below. Anything larger is verging on ATX. Newegg has had a pretty limited selection thus far. Most of them are of crappy brands. There's the Cooler Master Elite 341, and the Antec NSK something er other. I already own a 341, and my dad's using it. I liked that case a lot, but I'd really like to venture out to another case. The NSK is pretty much perfect, but it's a tad expensive at $90 before shipping.

I've got a TJ08 and like it a lot. 120mm fans front and rear, room for 4 hard drives and 2 opticals (I use the top one to hide cables) and fits full size video cards and heatsinks. It's 15"x15" though.

Antec Mini P180 is what i would get if i went mATX . It has everything a mid tower would just less space .

Not sure such a big CPU cooler can fit in the Elite 341 because it is a bit narrow.

The Antec NSK3480 has the problem of being too small to fit large PSUs. The maximum depth of a PSU (if you still want to use the 5¼" drive bays) is around 5.5".

The Silverstone TJ08 that ratbuddy mentioned may be a decent, if expensive choice.

The other Cooler Master micro ATX case (Centurion 541) can fit bigger PSUs and bigger graphics cards if you remove the floppy drive bays. The Apevia X-QBOII is the same chassis as the Centurion 541.

The 541 is even more narrow than the 341 though, isn't it? And in my other 341, I was able to fit quite a large CPU cooler and a full length 900w PSU.

The Antec NSK4480 was the other one I was looking at, and I wasn't honestly too worried about the PSU, because I don't use an optical drive.

The TJ08 is nice, but it's really just too expensive for me for what it is. The NSK, for the same price, is a lot nicer looking I think.

So my choices are:

Another 341
Perhaps a 541
NSK4480 (If the budget permits)

Dude, you go through cases more than anyone I know. This will be the 4th case you've owned in a matter of like 2 months.

But out of all the mATX cases I've seen, I'd vote the TJ-08.

This is for another build :p

My Antec 300 is still in use, and will be for quite a long time. My Black Pearl on the other hand...well...let's just say it *accidentally* got ripped apart.

i want to make sure about the two CM cases that were mentioned they where these correct?
CM Centurion 541
if that is one then i can tell you for sure. if you leave the side fan off the panel you can fit a Ninja hs, i did when i ran a Abit LG81/85 motherboard with a P4 530j.

now if this CM Elite 341 is the other. Right now this case houses a Noctua NH-UP12 SE2 in the case, but here agian no side panel fans. i have about 2mm of clearnce from the side panel to the heatpipe coming out the top of the sink.

I like each one both have there pluses and minus, but it is about have to give up something for something else. i havent been able to find my perfect mATX case yet, closest one is the nMEDIAPC 5000B, about the only two things i would change. put the psu on the bottom with the slots and 120mm fans vs 60mm.

Thanks for the confirmation, Evilsizer.

I ordered my motherboard, but for now, I'm gonna go caseless. I haven't seen anything yet that has really made me want to buy it, other than the NSK3448, but it's $105 shipped, and I would have to buy 92mm fans for the front of it.

I'll just wait for a good deal on something I guess.

Back