• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give Me Some Guideance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawy14

Hello All,

I am needing to build a new PC very soon because my laptop broke. I have £1000 maximum to spend, this PC needs to last me a while. I dont mind upgrading down the line but I want something solid.

Needs:

- Adobe CS4 heavy user, premiere pro and after afters. Also a lot of work with photoshop.
- Gaming, I used to play loads of games but I havent for a while. I would though love to get back into it, so I need a decent graphics card for things like Dirt 2 and Need For Speed Shift.
- I also work as a server admin so I need to be able to run virtual servers off the PC for testing.
- Also I will need a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I want it to have 2 hard drives in RAID 1 for OS and then a 1TB hard drive for storage.

I will be overclocking :).

Please give us a hand and fire some components at me.

Richard

How much money does that translate to in american $, and what is the approximate price differential for computer parts?

This is what I would do:

CPU: Intel i5 750 - Quadcore processor on the new architecture, kicks all kind of *** for all you mentionned...
Mobo: EVGA P55LE / Gigabite UD5/4/3 - Any of those are great.. Read reviews to see what you prefer
Ram: G-Skill DDR3
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB WD1001FALS - great performance / reliability / price
PSU: Corsair 550VX - Don’t cheap out on power regulation
GPU: (from lower to higher performance) GTS 250, 4870/GTX 260 (216), 4890/GTX 275 - whatever best price you can get for these cards..
Case: Up for discussion taste and whatever is left of your budget..

-D

Hello,

It is around $1600, however prices are more expensive in the UK :(!

What about the monitor and keyboard and mouse.

I also need some hard drives for the OS, would like them to be in RAID 1.

Loving the components you have already suggested though :)!

Thanks

Back