• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Full Screen Playback problem (HD5870)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaiMX

Registered
Hi everybody!
Recently I've built new rig, the exact specifications are in my signature. So I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system, I have XFX Radeon HD5870 card. Generally my system works fine, I can play any game, BUT when I'm trying to watch HD video files or HD videos from youtube or any site in FULL Screen, my systems goes crazy! The screen just turns off then on back again trying to adjust to something and this process continues forever! :( Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del gives nothing system just does not respont, the only solution to that is to press RESET button. Several times I saw an error message saying that Radeon Driver Family stopped working and recovered succeslufully. I guess the the problem is in drivers, I updated my drivers from ATI website (chosed appropriate drivers: Win 7 64-bit, 5800 series) Still I have this problem! So the problem occurs only when I do full screen playback of any video (whether in browser or any video file)! (gaming in full screen works great)
And the other effect, sometimes my cursor becomes VERY BIG, like 40-50 pixels in size (it is so pixelated)!!!
Does anybody know what is the problem?
Maybe I should change my windows? Do i need to install Vista or XP?
(I mainly use my system to play games)

P.S. I don't know it this is the right place to aks this, if not please transfer this thread to appropriateplace :)

Back