• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

U D13 N0W

Hi all,
So i bought a Thermaltake DuOrb cpu cooler for my latest project. But I got their open box product, and unfortunatly it doesnt have any of the mounting hardware. Is there any sort of generic mounting hardware that I can use (LGA 775) to mount it?
Link to the NewEgg page
Link to NewEgg pics

Have you emailed Thermaltake to see if they would send you the mounts? never hurts to try, I emailed Zalman to see about how to get the AM2 brackets for an old 9500 I was going to put in a buddy's PC and they just mailed me a whole new set (both for amd from 939-AM3 and 775)

Have you emailed Thermaltake to see if they would send you the mounts? never hurts to try, I emailed Zalman to see about how to get the AM2 brackets for an old 9500 I was going to put in a buddy's PC and they just mailed me a whole new set (both for amd from 939-AM3 and 775)

Thanks for the advice, definately a good jumping off point.

Anyone have thoughts as to the practically of making my own with wire coathanger bits?

Thermaltake apparently isn't as generous, they directed me to their store website, but no avail. They dont sell the mounting hardware I would need.
Anyone out there make any custom mounts for their cooling?
Thinking maybe an I shaped hold down with legs to the four securing screws might do the job.
Would using steal coathanger wire be a problem as far as potential heat disapation toward the mobo?

Back