• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Multiplyer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luie

One of my friend stated this in school this morning. Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not? I personnally got a celeron and athlon xp so I don't know much about this:

"I had changed the multiplyer of my Intel Willamette P4 1.5Ghz (15x) to 18x."

This means he is now running 18 x 100. He stated his speed is 1.8Ghz.

Is changing multiplyer for Intel possible? He did not even modify the mobo!!!

I don't think that his cpu is running at 1.8Ghz. He may have changed the multiplier in the bios ( some mobos allow this ) but there is no effect to the cpu; it would still be running at 1.5Ghz.
Unless he has an unlocked engineering sample chip....
Now that would be lucky!! :D

Unless he has an engineering sample then yes it is possible. Your best bet to see if hes correct or not is to get him use "WCPUID" and then tell him to take you a screen shot.

Yodums

hehe...
he is not selling it.
he know it is rare as well because he is also an overclocker...:(
lol:D

lol, yeah, bad news for me.

btw, so of his latest news!

he got to 2.2Ghz! and got into windows too.

then he got scared if it will burn
(I personnally don't think it would)
so he clocked it back to 1.8Ghz.

I am so jealous I got an very hard to overclock cpu...
anyway, 1743 is not bad...:D

lol

j/k

Tell him not to worry about burning his chip ( well you have to, but not to that degree ). All he needs is some good cooling and a temp monitor such as motherboard monitor 5. That chip certianly sounds as if its got some o/cing power! :) Be a waste to keep it at a lower running speed...

Back