• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer won't turn on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chill.

Registered
Seriously getting frustrated... One day the psu fan started making a lot of noise. I turned it off: it wouldn't turn back on. I purchased a new psu and installed it. Not even a sign of life in my computer. Replaced the power switch, No sign of life. Replaced the motherboard, there's a lit green light on the mobo. That seems to be the only sign of life. Not a damn thing happens when I hit the power button and I'm completely frustrated and out of ideas. Anyone have any idea?

Seriously getting frustrated... One day the psu fan started making a lot of noise. I turned it off: it wouldn't turn back on. I purchased a new psu and installed it. Not even a sign of life in my computer. Replaced the power switch, No sign of life. Replaced the motherboard, there's a lit green light on the mobo. That seems to be the only sign of life. Not a damn thing happens when I hit the power button and I'm completely frustrated and out of ideas. Anyone have any idea?
hopefully you just missed a wire connection somewhere.
if there's light to the mobo it means your PSU and mobo isn't dead.
did you connect your case power buttons to your motherboard?
make sure the pins are also facing the right way. this was one of my earliest PC assembling mistakes i've made myself.

That doesn't appear to be the problem o_O I'm not even sure anymore QQ.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing the problem at this point?

have you connected the CPU power cable to the motherboard?
i don't think the computer will turn on without it...and also, have you tried swapping another cpu/ram into your system to see if either of those pieces of hardware are the culprit?

The cpu cable is connected. I don't have any spare ram or socket 775 processors that I can swap with.

Back