• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Raid array 'laggy'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agour

Registered
Hey,

I just installed windows 7, and created a new Raid array. The setup seems to all work fine, but when I open my computer, my pc gets really laggy for a few seconds, then it sorts out. It also happens sometimes when im browsing though files on my HDD's.

I didnt use the 'f6 to install drivers', and when installing everything off my mobo cd, the installer would loop on 62% and never go past it. (So I just restarted, and everything seems to work).

My mobo is a gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Go download the latest drivers. And please don't ever use the drivers off the CD. Only the LAN driver so you can get to the Internet to get better drivers.

Win7 natively supports the ICH9R controller, and already includes the latest RAID driverset from Intel. The RAID drivers you installed from the CD more than likely overwrote the preinstalled drivers w/ an older version.

Win7 natively supports the ICH9R controller, and already includes the latest RAID driverset from Intel. The RAID drivers you installed from the CD more than likely overwrote the preinstalled drivers w/ an older version.

eh its best to get the latest intel matrix storage manager direct from intel. ich7r here and win 7 never had any probs.

The disk shouldnt be too old, as I only got the mobo a few weeks ago :>

I will look at the latest drivers later on, do I need to run drivercleaner or something similar to make sure I remove the other drivers completely?

Cheers :)

I uninstalled the 'gigabyte raid manager', and it works perfectly now :)

thanks!

Back