• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New wc set up arrives.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

- 120x3 Black Ice Xtreme rad
- 2x MCP-600 pumps (best for flow/low heat dump)
- Dual 3.5" bay res (dangerden)
- Cathar G4 waterblock (storm was based of this) and it has been modded to work with S1366 along with almost any other socket (AM2 not included)

This set up arrived from canada today. Im connectting it all up to do some leak testing tonight. Right now Im gonna do res, pump, pump, block, rad.

...2 hours later.....
Got everything set up. Gonna have to quickly replace this plastic tubing. Also wondering how much I should get worried about any time when the pump has no water in it when im trying to get the system bled.
Any other suggestions? I cant wait to put this on my 9550. How well will this older block handle a 9550 or even my x3460?

well when you first turn it on there wont be any and there is no real way around that

but after the first few seconds it should have water all the time because you can burn out the motor. dry is different from a few small bubbles

just tip the case to get them system to bleed

there should be water in it when you first fill the res with water.

only use 1 pump to fill the loop, the one after the res. it should have water in it if your designed your loop properly.

Maybe that should be my real question. Best set up for me? Like I said, I have it sitting in my faux laundry room and have it pump pump block rad res.

edit: another possibility in my eyes could be pump block pump rad res.

Repositioned my res and now Im getting good flow. Silly me. Sadly, its apparent that I need to make a trip to HD to get new rubber gaskets for my rad. I also need to pick up hardware to strap my fans to the rad. For the Time being Im just gonna have this loop hangin out somewhere on the ground near my media/benching rig. I also Just found the missing piece of rubber hosing hainer36 sent me. Ill probably use it over the plastic from home depot till I can get a color I want.

you can have the pumps like that, i have my 2 pumps one after another just for spacing and to reduce the amount of tubing. i built a external rad box to mount my res, 2 pumps and 3 rads.

i use the first pump after the res to fill the loop then once it has all the air out, i turn both pumps on.

Need to look it over better in some better light but, my set up seems to have gone a good 48 hours for leak testing. Tomorrow, I will check it, and refill wit the coolant mixture I plan to use. The the 9550 is gonna get it.

Back