• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Rad Set-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stl_wrx

Hello all,

I got bored several days ago and decided to add a third radiator to my loop for some fun. I know there is a point in diminishing results, waste of money, overkill, etc, etc, i just did this for fun and as I enjoy the hobby. My current set up is:

Case - Lian Li o11 Dynamic

i9-9900ks - OC'd to 5.1 at 1.35 VCore

RTX 2080ti - OC'd

Water cooling setup:

EK Velocity CPU Block

EK GPU Block

Corsair Hydro X Series XD5 Pump/res combo

EK Coolstream XE 240 double - top as exhaust

EK Coolstream SE 360 - side intake

Corsair Hydro X Series XR7 360mm - bottom as intake

All rads have corsair mag lev pro fans on them.

Should i bother playing around with the intake or exhaust setup? Should I try all rads as exhaust or all as intake? Reason I ask is after adding the new rad my temps stayed the same with no change in room ambient temp - which could be a result of diminishing results in the loop. I know loop order has not real effect but the one rad at the top is the first ran in the loop order following the gpu and cpu block so its getting all of the heat. pump/res > rad > gpu > cpu > rad > rad. Anyone here ever mess with all rads set to exhaust/intake with 3 rads?

I doubt you'll see any temperature improvements as you are at that point of diminished returns. Having more intake than exhaust like you have is expected to help reduce dust in the case. The only possible suggestion I could make would be to swap the 240 exhaust with the 360 side intake ans mount the 240 side intake down low. This would create 600mm of intake to 360mm of exhaust versus your current 720mm of intake to 240mm of exhaust. Naturally, you can also play around with intake and exhaust fan speeds to create less positive pressure. All of this is very minor though as you will likely see less than a few degrees of difference.

I doubt you'll see any temperature improvements as you are at that point of diminished returns. Having more intake than exhaust like you have is expected to help reduce dust in the case. The only possible suggestion I could make would be to swap the 240 exhaust with the 360 side intake ans mount the 240 side intake down low. This would create 600mm of intake to 360mm of exhaust versus your current 720mm of intake to 240mm of exhaust. Naturally, you can also play around with intake and exhaust fan speeds to create less positive pressure. All of this is very minor though as you will likely see less than a few degrees of difference.

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no way to fit the 240 on side intake in a lian li o11 dynamic as the pump would hit the glass as this is a double stack rad.

Back