• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick tubing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

hey everybody, and I'm going back into water cooling here very shortly.

My beautiful and loving girlfriend is getting me a DFI t3eh9 and a core i5 750 for Christmas (I ordered them to get the deal but she's paying me back later on in December as my Christmas gift, but trust me I'm paying out just as much for her gifts if not more)...

Anywho, my origional intent was to go with a red, black and chromed theme, but now that the DFI board with orange accents has slipped into the picture, I am not sure if I want to go with the red tubing I had origionally planned. So help me pick tubing color!

Here is my color scheming information:

ATCS 840 black, no interior paint, maintaining stock alu look.
DFI t3eh9 board, which has orange accents on black.
Crucial Ballistix Tracer with red leds (red heatspreaders)
Gtx260, black and red.

Rest of the stuff will be black.

So, here are what I'm considering:

sticking with the red idea, and hiding the orange, buying red tubing, and white led fans (xigmatek dark knight fans), or buying black tubing and getting digmatek orange fans. Either way, I think it'll look good, but I am wondering if maintaing that extra hint of red might help.

Ideas, thoughts?

By the way, water loop is as follows:

Apogee GTZ, MR320QP, MCP355 with custom top, micro res (swiftech).

So yeah, help me out with the last 2 things here. I gotta make the board work and look good. :D

DK_P55-T3eH9.jpg
BallistixTracer240-pinDIMM%28withLEDs%29DDR3_redkit_2.gif

gtx55nmsi7.jpg

Dimm slots look close enough to red to work. The PCI-E slots will almost all be hidden. So I think I might just carry on with red, but what do you think?

Last edited:
NO FAIR!!!
You get IDE ports :(

I think red and orange tubing would work well though... or maybe orange tubing and red coolent?

You can still see through it though... may be enough to put red coolant in if you decided to.
I think that orange tubing is the way to go either way though :)

EDIT: I just saw where you said "though" I thought you had said "thought"

I think it's time for me to go to sleep. :eh?:

Last edited:
How about this Koolance red/uv orange tubing? It's 1/2" ID and 5/8 OD. Will that work with your compression fittings?

OD is a bit small and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea. Everyone seems to think I should carry the orange a bit more with the tubing... but I dunno. I think I'm more inclined to hide the orange and yellow card slots.

Since all the tubing wasn't the right size to bring orange into the mix and NOBODY reccomended black tubing, I went ahead and ordered the red and I'll continue on like the orange isn't there, that or I'll get the xigmatek orange bladed fans instead of the smoked ones.

Hey Aynjell, there's nothing wrong with Black tubing; as a matter of fact I use either black or the silver antimicrobial Tygon myself. If you want to go Black, then either the Tygon or the Primoflex are equally good and I've used both. If tight radius bends aren't an issue, the 1/2 X 3/4 black Primoflex LRT is great and should work just fine with your compression fittings. It's also significantly cheaper than the Tygon R-3400 in the same size.

I am exactly the kind of nut that would buy a bottle of tester's red model paint and meticulously change the slot colors to red with a tiny brush...yep, no life here! ;)

Just sayin'...

I haven't actually used it myself, or any tubing for that matter. But I have been reading a lot of good things about it. As soon as I get my rad and res, I will be ordering up some of it for my loop. I will also be getting some silver strips to make some kill coils out of, so I can run straight distilled.;)

Worth noting I got 5% off my order. Not much, but it still saved me 4$. :D

BTW I'm going to be investigating removing the little covers on the heatsink. Water cooling I'll need all the airflow I can get, plus it is just another thing that doesn't mesh with my theme. :)

Back