• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airflow: more in or out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
The title is self-explanatory. Is it better to have more airflow into a case (postive pressure in case) or more airflow out of the case?

The specific case in question is an enlight 7237 midtower, but I would also appreciate any "non-specific" theories as replies.

Thanks!

personally I try to have it as equal as possible. That way air is cycled at a steady pace, there is no "dead spots".

If I had to choose, I would pick more in over more out as that way your case will have a positive pressure- air will come out any cracks or seams you may have in your case. This keeps it a lot cleaner inside, with more out than in every hole sucks in dust like crazy!

best answer is "same in as out"

any time you create a pressure differance the fan has to work to overcome it. max air flow occures when the pressure diff is zero

I get better cooling with slightly more out than in- have to clean 'em out when temps start to rise but....

Cases and situations vary, but every closed-case system I've done runs cooler by 3c to 6c that way. They do get dirty inside though.

Back