• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Runing a load on the CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Living Waters

Registered
Anyone know what program I can use to run a load test on my Core I7, I am trying to see what temp results I get from OCing.

I finaly got my last part for my build (Radeon 5850) and installed Win7, played Dragon Age while I have CPUZ and realTemps running in the back ground, I am new at OCing and I just OC my I7 920 to 3GHz and XMP memory @7-7-7-20 1600MHz, got the H50 from Corsair cooling the CPU. While playing DAO for about 3 hours non stop I check back on the desktop and see that my temps are in the mid 40c and high are right at 50c, I know that playing DAO is not realy testing the CPU load but is that good for what I got so far?

Last edited:
I am down loading PCMark Vantage, 3DMark Vantage, and Prime95 64 bit are these what I need to do a load test?

LinX which is a simple Linpack interface will give a quick way to get your temp reading.
Just run it set to 5~10 with max mem should give you a good idea.

Linpack clones (IBT, LinX, OCCT) or prime95 Large FFTs.
Linpack is an unrealistic load but usually finds quickly if your OC is stable or not, prime95 is more realistic for daily use but it takes longer to find a stable OC.

LE: No, it's not possible. EarthDog watch your back from now. vp7sqc.jpg

Back